RVB provide vapour blasting (or aqua blasting) services to Basingstoke and the surrounding areas.
Specifically aimed at the motor trade and individuals restoring classic cars, motorbikes, or light commercials, we use vapour blasting to clean and restore aluminium, bronze, magnesium, titanium, brass, copper, steel and stainless steel components.
Because it is not an aggressive, erosive process vapour blasting can be used to clean engine components without damaging gasket faces. Vapour blasting creates a sheened finish on metal surfaces which is a popular look for ‘raw metal’ finished components like engine casings and rocker covers. This look can be preserved with ceramic coatings.
Let us know what you are looking at treating and by using a variety of media and chemical compositions, we can achieve your desired finish on the component being treated.
Vapour Blasting Process
- We ask all of our customers to remove as much of the oil and grease as possible before sending parts to us as this can contaminate the media in the machine
- We take delivery of your stripped components
- Power coated or painted components may require dry blasting
- Components are then vapour blasted to achieve a satin sheen
- Components are dried thoroughly
- Some components may require a coating of oil if they are ferrous to give short-term protection
- Components can be sent for final treatments to preserve the finish
We offer trade customers a collection and delivery service operating within 20 miles of our workshop in Houndmills, Basingstoke.
If you have an enquiry, please complete the form below or call us on: 07387 225 248
Make an Enquiry