We provide dry blasting (sometimes referred to as sand blasting or shot blasting) services to Basingstoke and the surrounding areas.
Popular with the motor trade, classic car and motorbike enthusiasts, dry blasting can be used to clean and restore aluminium, bronze, magnesium, titanium, brass, copper, steel and stainless steel components.
Dry blasting is an abrasive process similar to sand papering, but with a more even finish and no problems with corners or crannies on surfaces being treated. Dry blasting can be used to clean metal components of rust or pitting and can also be used to remove paint or powder coatings. Because it can be used to remove weld or heat treatment discolouration and debur cast, machined of fabricated components, dry blasting is a popular finishing process for engineered metal components.
Dry blasted components have an attractive smooth surface with a soft key. This surface can be preserved with ceramic coatings or provides an excellent surface to paint or powder coat.
Let us know what you are looking at treating and by using a variety of media, we can achieve your desired finish on the component being treated.
Dry Blasting Process
- We ask all of our customers to remove as much of the oil and grease as possible before sending parts to us as this can contaminate the media in the machines
- We take delivery of your stripped components
- Components are then dry blasted to achieve a smooth surface with a slight key
- Some components may require a coating of oil if they are ferrous to give short-term protection
- Components can be sent for final treatments to preserve the finish
We offer trade customers a collection and delivery service operating within 20 miles of our workshop in Houndmills, Basingstoke.
If you have an enquiry, please complete the form below or call us on: 07387 225 248
Make an Enquiry